View Single Post

Thread: Adding Martial Power: Fighters

1. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Adding Martial Power: Fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkmundur View Post
    I am honestly just lurking and waiting to see when someone brings up the perfect "fighter with maneuvers" Homebrew. I already checked the compendium and didn't find anything interesting.

I don't even care if I lose action surge and indomitable. I just want reliable attacks, reliable saves, the 4e Second Wind, Fighting Styles, some utility powers and maneuvers, and to be able to spice it all up with subclasses.
    I wrote a Fighter revision that might interest you.

It isn't exactly what you're asking for, because this homebrew does not have Battle Master maneuvers. But it does have reliable attacks, reliable saves, and a choice of not one but two subclasses. Your first subclass, your Fighting Style, grants you new actions and attacks in combat (which, unlike maneuvers, you can use as much as you want). Your second subclass, your Line of Duty, grants utility features meant to help you in and out of combat alike.

The only think you want that I did not include is Second Wind. Instead of making mid-combat healing available to all Fighters, I made it exclusive to the Guardian (who can basically give himself temporary hit points at will and use them to protect other people), and the Medic (who can heal anyone he touches once per the target's rest).
    Last edited by GalacticAxekick; 2021-10-29 at 03:05 PM.