View Single Post

Thread: 3.5e Batman Campaign (2.0)

1. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Question Re: 3.5e Batman Campaign (2.0)

=On the walk to the pier=

Stephanie looked nonchalant when Rickus kept them moving, and picked a pace to fall in line with the two strangers that had a personal vendetta against the knight and wizard pair she had thrown in with. She smiled as innocently at them as the sheathed sap and dagger at her hips allowed.

Renk. Dench,” the vigilante started amiably. “They call me Spoiler. Look, sorry for not telling the others to lay off sooner. We could have avoided the whole thing if I had hashed out details quicker and saved everyone a headache. ” She grimaced at the admittance. “Like yourselves, I’m a professional at acquiring excess goods. But as much as I want into the Guild, too much has gone wrong tonight to run my mouth about a cut. Raam will know who deserves what.

Stephanie gave an unimpressed glance at Rickus’ back as he led the way, and the wizard that kept provoking them. She had to at least appear on the side of the thugs. “Still, I don’t know why the boss calls you two idiots all the time; it’s pretty street smart going for an ambush. Never mind brave, if you’re still throwing barbs when you ain’t even armed. You must be among Rickus’ best men.” She paused, letting the lapping of the tide, the flitter of distant bat wings, and the lightest crackle of torch flames better sell the soothing point for her.

She lowered her voice noticeably, keeping it within earshot of Renk and Dench. “So – why’d he have no prob letting strangers decide if we gut you like seabass or not? I don’t care that he pissed off our major in with the guards tonight; only you two can tell me if that puts this whole damn operation in jeopardy or not. But my big concern is to get in, and only you two know Rickus and the captain well. He’s not gonna blame all the screw ups tonight on us if we don’t hash this out before the Chraal, right?

Spoiler: Take 10 Bluff and Diplomacy to Human and Half Orc, Molan
    Show

On the walk to the pier, kind of like earlier when it was Garrel and Rickus talking, only I’m trying to add spices to the pot. Obviously attempt winning them to my ‘side’ and redirect their anger against Rickus/preferably away from Batgirl/Her Knight In Mate Armour.

Take 10 Bluff: 24
    Take 10 Diplomacy: 28.

=Near to pier 42=

They arrived close to pier 42, and Stephanie felt herself tightening up. Knowing herself well enough, it was time to give the two strangers an out of her schemes if they wanted it, and consider if she didn’t want out herself. They had the Thieves' location, and that was a fair place to cut the con. The uncanny wizard and quiet knight were ahead of her on that. When Batgirl came close and explained escalating the situation, she nodded non-committally, as if only the mundane was said. She drew her sai – the least threatening weapon on her person – and started needling it softly into her neck like an impromptu neck massager. Meeting a Thieves’ Guild captain was stressful even without first starting a fight outside of his place of operations alongside total strangers.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2021-10-29 at 06:25 PM.