View Single Post

Thread: "Don't Screw This Up."

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: "Don't Screw This Up."

The longer I think about it, the less the "rogue agent" approach seems like a likely play. Hard to imagine the end goal there: "whoops, Other Gods, that rebel goblin went and cast The Ritual, and now I have control of the Snarl's portal. Golly, how embarrassing! Well, now that I have it..." You can't really pass off an active hostage scenario as a serendipitous accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    On the other hand, we do know a god who routinely ignored his most important cleric's prayers until the day he died. It's Thor.
    I could be wrong, but it feels like you're setting up a "TDO's silence is no worse than Thor's" argument here, which is confusing to me. I'm not saying TDO's lack of response to Redcloak is bad or shows flawed judgment, and I'm not comparing his behavior to other gods', except for the purpose of context.

I'm saying I find TDO's lack of response STRANGE, especially given that he talked to Jirix and even gave a message for Redcloak and called him his "true prophet." If he agrees with what RC's doing, why doesn't he talk directly? We've seen Thor and Hel talk directly to their clerics.

This isn't criticism. It's speculation.
    Last edited by Ionathus; 2021-10-30 at 01:52 PM.