So, after finishing God of War (and now that much more eager for Ragnarok), I've started playing a game that's I've been sitting on since it came out in July: Neo: The World Ends With You. The sequel to a 13-year-old DS game that came straight out of nowhere.

I've just finished the first week, and the game's definitely fun, and very much hasn't missed a beat from the original. The music, the feel of the combat (despite the change-up due to the lack of the DS's two screens and touch screen), the wacky mechanics like gaining stats from eating at restaurants, the styles, the characters, all feels spot on. It was great having Minamimoto on the team for that first week - only character I've ever seen who can somehow make puns sound cool. Math puns, no less. But I'm not terribly surprised that he split after week one, given he always obviously had some other agenda (and knowing who he is from the first game, well, of course he did). Since he was the strongest of the group by a solid margin, though, I expect that to up the difficulty on me. Which is good, honestly, because until literally the last day that first week was no challenge at all, even playing on hard difficulty and keeping me level 4 below my maximum to increase drop rates.

I am very curious about the masked guy that showed himself at the end of the first week, though.
Spoiler: For the first game mostly.
Show
Some of the characters implied that he was Neku, but if that's the case, he must've dyed his hair or something, because he wasn't blonde, his hair was more orange, and the parts of the masked guy's hair that were visible outside his hoodie looked blonde. Which means if he's someone from the first game the main candidates would be Joshua or Beat... except he seems too skinny for Beat, and Joshua, well... there's a lot of questions that'd pop up if it's him. But hey, considering his role in the first game, I guess him doing weird things wouldn't be that unusual. Though if it's him, it would beg the question of why the current Game Master and his cronies seem to think it's Neku.