View Single Post

Thread: 3.5e Batman Campaign (2.0)

1. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: 3.5e Batman Campaign (2.0)

While Renk talked, Stephanie worked behind him with the silk rope to fashion a matching pair of a handcuff knot, if only to appease their wizard. But she eyed Fox’s chosen mercenaries carefully when the blabbing thief divulged what the payload actually was. Whatever the Guild Master was offering them to risk their lives was likely copper change compared to what the spellbooks and scrolls were worth. But then, smart money says only the little rogue girl didn’t know. Merchant’s Guild, Mage College, House Kane – they’re all in on some kind of deal. She pulled a face behind the mask sporting the slightest crack where she had been punched. She pat Renk on the back when she was done, only a little before he claimed them incapable of stopping the theft.

See, that’s where you ain’t quite right, Renk. Tactician. Mastermind. Loveable rogue.” She pointed confidently at the knight, the wizard, and gave a wink herself. “Throw in Red’s ability to put faces through floorboard, and we got this.” She rose with an aplomb she didn’t fully feel, but had to maintain. “Now walk your ass to the Merchant’s Guild and take my advice to heart. Fox really is the only guy in Midtown that can give you what you need short term, and long.

The wizard started sharing informing, and whatever relief at hearing there was still juice in the magical tank was short-lived for casually revealing her identity. A confused brow was arched while Stephanie’s heart raced. Questions. I asked too many damn questions trying to pin down who was pulling off tonight. Great. She ratted out Holt about Zucco – double bluff? The Baron can’t have the mage-papers, so hired her to run interference? Who is this? An uncaring shrug came next.

I have no idea who that is,” Stephanie lied effortlessly. “But you two got Uptown spraypainted on, so let me name actual names. Raam’s whole shtick is keeping Fort Clinton’s primary exports of kneecaps and shakedowns at a premium. Half Giant, huge sword, but being psychic is pure Tetch territory. Speculation, not certainty. Meanwhile, Ghol’s a mid-level enforcer and a leach, while Aust as a wizard is exactly as principled he sounds. We win those two to our angle, or ambush our way through this. Fair fights won’t win us Midtown. Now, while we’re moving to check up on Red, this gig doesn’t exactly scream extra credit or banners and glory. You two mind telling who you are?

Spoiler: Take 10 (Use Rope, Search), rolling (Listen, Spot)
    Show

I’m guessing we can’t both move silently/hide while trying to move quickly enough to check that Red’s ok. But I’m still Searching for traps on the way there.

Listen: (1d20+6)[25]
    Spot: (1d20+6)[25]
    Use Rope to constrain Rickus hands/feet and Renk’s hands, Take 10: 34. (+10 bonus, +2 Silk Rope, +12 baseline, +10 Taking).
    Search for traps on the way to Red, Take 10: 20.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2021-11-02 at 04:06 AM.