Spoiler: Temple of Pharasma: Hargrimm, Othello, Abrax, Wren
Show
Wren speaks up, "Here is what is happening as I've observed it, Father. Twice now Harrowstone Memorial has been slathered with blood letters ... first 'V' then 'E' this morning, which we think spells out 'Vesorianna,' who was Warden Lyran Hawkran's wife. A rat's blood was used previously, and we're awaiting analysis on the slightly larger amount of blood from today's graffiti.

"Abrax there mentioned ghostly wagon wheels or something, though Abrax? You might be better to explain that one.

"Last night at Zokar's, the dwarves here were attacked by stirges that seemed to move to music.

"Also around the same time, the Professor came to the house, but as a zombie. The heroes that were there destroyed his remains, and Kendra has his ashes. However, it should be noted that Professor Lorrimor's face had been deformed - the entire mouth section ripped away. Very likely, to keep the professor from being able to speak via speak with dead. This tracks with information that Kendra's servant turned up regarding the Whispering Way.

"I was not with them, but these gentlemen were ... they did an initial foray of Harrowstone. They destroyed an animated scythe but were attacked by disembodied cold. But the haunts are of less import than the recent script found on the outside. The runes are written in Varisian, along with several magical incantations, repeating the name Lyran Hawkran dozens of times.

"Here is my supposition. The Whispering Way has interest in Harrowstone. Professor Lorrimor discovered something and through misadventure was killed. Falling stone work could shatter a jaw, but not rip out the tongue - that was purposeful work, with the falling stonework a cover. The runes still need to be analzyed..."
here he gives a look to Hargrimm ... "but we think that the Whispering Way is riling up the Warden's spirit for an as-yet-unknown purpose. This either has a secondary effect of various other disquietudes occurring in Thrushmoor. Whether they are supernatural through mortal means, or mortals creating supernatural and undead servants has yet to be positively proven.

"I ask for our group to be allowed to do two things. The first I ask as a matter of courtesy, but as visitors to a loved one's grave, it would not be an issue. That is to look at Professor Lorrimor's grave to study means of his corpse's exit. Second, and that is to arm ourselves with what can be found in the secret cache mentioned in Professor Lorrimor's notes. When they fought the cold spot haunt yesterday, they were forced to back out."

Father Grimburrow seemed completely unimpressed with Hargrimm, but listens intently to the disheveled man in the torn clothing with a bloodstained doctor's coat. He nods. "Very well, I will send an acolyte with you as a witness. I expect a full accounting of items used from this cache ... don't just take whatever you please ... and when troubles are over, anything not used will be returned."

Wren looks to the others. "Is that acceptable?"