Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Spoiler: Arishem
Show
It might be that, just like humanity impressed Ajak by stopping Thanos, the Eternals impressed Arishem by stopping Tiamut. He probably saw the Emergence as inevitable, until they prevented it, which forced him to revise all his calculations. I view it kind of like completing the Crucible in Mass Effect 3 or Neo reaching the Source in the Matrix - it's an event of such technological achievement that it forces the Super AI to throw out its old programming and be open to new ideas.
That might work for the
Spoiler: reasoning
Show
Why he didn't grab everything or shut it down when the beacon was broken. But why only grab the three left on earth. Sprite I give a pass to as he very nature was changed, but the others, they're just on the space ship he gave them. Distance appears to be totally irrelevant to him, why isn't he grabbing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Spoiler
Show
It's worth pointing out exactly how many of Marvel's heroes are concentrated not just in the US, but in NYC specifically. Stan and Steve wrote what they knew

This film meanwhile jumped all over, from the UK to Australia to South Dakota to wherever the hell Tiamut was emerging. Sometimes "Avengers Assemble" is just not feasible for every threat, even a global one.
Right, but
Spoiler: the problem.
Show
I agree, that none of our heroes (or governments! Or anyone!) apparently lives in the area where the emergence is happening and apparently, despite them being very visible and making almost no effort to hide (such that a child recognizes Icarus from television) somehow no one ever approaches them, but as the giant monster starts ripping its way out of the earth in the area that ought to be the epicenter of world-wide earthquakes...no one notices and shows up?

No War Machine? No Wakandans? No whatever has replaced SHIELD (SWORD? Unclear if that still exists after Wandavision)? They probably couldn't do anything as no one but the Eternals could, but their absence is pretty hard to buy from a narrative standpoint. They definitely ought to be able to track that there's a problem and where it appears to be coming from and at least show up. I understand they didn't want to shell out a bunch of money for a glorified cameo, especially in a movie that's already very long and very full, but it bugs me.

I mean, in the end I think it boils down to, I don't really like the white savior trope even if you sub in aliens for white people.