View Single Post

Thread: Eternals, the movie that doesn't end

1. - Top - End - #38
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Eternals, the movie that doesn't end

Point, redacted.

Quote Originally Posted by ecarden View Post
    Maybe I missed something, or its comics canon, but I'm not sure where you're getting Arishem is programmed or a super-AI.
    They aren't "AI" as we might consider something like Jarvis. But they are following a rigid set of programming (save the ones that go rogue like Ego) so I find it useful shorthand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Locate suitable planet, seed planet with baby Celestial, use Eternals and Deviants to guide evolution of local life, harvest planet once civilization reaches X level of energy development, repeat.

A good analogy would be the Titans from World of Warcraft, right down to the seed stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ecarden View Post
    As a human' I don't find the 'humans are helpless little creatures which need to be protected' to be a terribly interesting storyline.
    If you're not a fan of the "ancient aliens" hypothesis, well, you're in for a bumpy ride because Jack Kirby most definitely was, and pretty much the entire MCU is based on it.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2021-11-06 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)