I would assume the Eternals just took the forms of random human adults to better fit in with the population, hence why they are so racially diverse. IMO sprite's age isn't really that much of an outlier as mid-teens would be considered an adult for most of human history, and the rest of them range from late 20s to mid fifties. Honestly, the weirdest part for me is that none of them are in their late teens / early twenties, their physical peaks and what most of the population consisted of throughout history before modern medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by ecarden View Post
And that's without getting into Ego, though I'm unclear on whether or not Ego is actually intended to a Celestial like these or is something else that also goes by the name of Celestial.
I assume Ego will just be a "our concept drifted over the years between the films, don't think about it too hard." Which is really kind of a shame, because I think there is still an interesting story to tell about why a Celestial emerged alone and came to the conclusion that he was the only one in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
A good analogy would be the Titans from World of Warcraft, right down to the seed stuff.
They are pretty much exactly Titans from Warcraft. Even down to the leaving their seeded planets in the care of super powerful constructs who take the form of misspelled figures from human mythology.

I wonder if that is just a coincidence of if someone in the MCU actively decided to go in the WoW direction.