Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
I would assume the Eternals just took the forms of random human adults to better fit in with the population, hence why they are so racially diverse. IMO sprite's age isn't really that much of an outlier as mid-teens would be considered an adult for most of human history, and the rest of them range from late 20s to mid fifties. Honestly, the weirdest part for me is that none of them are in their late teens / early twenties, their physical peaks and what most of the population consisted of throughout history before modern medicine.
Based on what we see, I don't think so.
Spoiler: spoiler
Show
Or at least, their forms are given to them by Arishem as best I could tell. He may have chosen randomly. I assume (though the bit with a bunch of half-constructed Circe's pushes against this) that eternals on other worlds look like the local inhabitants, so just picking a random set of local appearances would be reasonable.

Sprite's age is...unclear. The actress is 16 now and the filming was over the last two years, so I assume they were going for 13-15? Which honestly makes the 'no one will treat me seriously' thing a bit of an anachronism, especially when ported back millennia ago. Personally I wished they'd just gone with the 'she can't stay places nearly as long as the others as her unaging nature is a lot more obvious' rather than inject the moderately squicky (to my modern sensibility) of her crush on Icarus.