Originally Posted by ecarden
Yeah...if the MCU continues in that direction I'm likely to either be a lot more selective in which of the MCU films I go to, or just cut back altogether as I really dislike that trope and the further away from the person on the ground the less I care.
Very much agreed. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. dabbled in that, in order to explain the presence of mutants Inhumans in their version of the MCU.

It was poorly done and very messy, which is probably why it’s never been referenced again. It would be unfortunate for the main MCU to get too deeply into that.

Originally Posted by ecarden
Spoiler: Sprite
Show
Sprite's age is...unclear. The actress is 16 now and the filming was over the last two years, so I assume they were going for 13-15? Which honestly makes the 'no one will treat me seriously' thing a bit of an anachronism, especially when ported back millennia ago.
Spoiler
Show
Sprite would be treated even less seriously in tribes dominated by Neolithic warriors, so she remains an extremely odd choice in terms of design. Unless there’s something in her original source genome that made her an ideal candidate, I’m just not seeing the rationale.