View Single Post

Thread: IC 6 Player Waterdeep Dragon Heist

1. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: IC 6 Player Waterdeep Dragon Heist

Oscar remembers your first encounter vividly. The man tailing him, the lengthening shadows, and the disguise which William bore well. He knows he owes William the truth and that he would intervene regardless of his own help.
    Oscar relents in his attempts at obfuscation his brows falling and lets loose the details he knows trusting William enough to confide in him.

"I'd stay away from the Skewered Dragon. The leadership is getting anxious and cutting back on overhead. The lack of drink and bonuses is getting on everyone's nerves."

You know what he is talking about. Given the few times he has invited you to talk business or share information it was often by a Zhentarim owned or adjacent establishment serving refreshments and entertainment to contractors and full time agents at a discount to keep them content and loyal. Such amenities are routine benefits of working with the Zhentarim and only something momentous could cap the service.

Oscar goes further only stopping to fully pull the blinds down and activate a small talisman on his desk to light the room.

"It's outside my department but ever since that celebrity Polo or whoever came with his entourage came to gawk at the Skewered Dragon on my last holiday no less, the Dock Ward boss and his lieutenants have gone silent. Something unusual for him."

He points to a map on his desk right at building on by commercial docks. Several stacks of beads are on the building indicating Oscar has work relating to the location.
    "I've routed several runners sending some supplies their way to refill strategic caches. But every one has been turned back by the city guard. The local boss isn't helping me either."

Oscar concludes the sharing of his knowledge and finishes with personal remarks.

"That's all I know. If you can get to the bottom of you will be helping me a great deal. If you are sure I'll give you a map and my recollections of the floor plans."

Your associate begins pulling a spare map and parchment ready to mark both with a nearby pencil.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Oscar has given everything he knows and has given a rough description of his troubles and a location. If you don't have anything else to say I'll set the scene at the docks soon.
    Last edited by Plaids; 2021-11-15 at 02:10 PM.