Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
[Riverside Streets]

"Aren't you going to put one on yourself?" Jaahlyn inquires as she can't help but to smile at Ecstasy's performance. "Kind of ironic that you ordered so many shirts when you're always walking around naked yourself."
[Riverside Streets]

"What? Do I look naked to you?" Ecstacy challenges facetiously, gesturing at her illusionary wardrobe with a flourish. "Ah, yeah, it kind of is and isn't, though. I don't really need any of these shirts, either for the clothes themselves or the sentimental value. So why would I bother?" She grins. "Although, if it makes you feel any better..."

Fwip, go the wings.

Gasp, go the onlookers.

Flip, go the wings.

And now Ecstacy's skull-bearing black t-shirt has been replaced with a midriff-baring replica of the "NOT GOING HOME" shirts in the box. "Voila." She grins.

[Wild Mike's]
Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Wild Mike's

"Nay. I try not t' think about it. I don't know if'n I be alive enough t' continue, in any way. So I try not t' think o' th' day me lamp runs out o' oil." Frigate doesn't know if he has a soul, and can't even sleep to experience 'death' that way, and the idea of one day not being... disconcerts him. A more modern individual would probably use the metaphor 'when my battery runs dry', or 'battery dies', but as far as Frigate's concerned a battery is a group of cannon all firing from the same place.
At first, Malady wonders if Frigate's being literal there. It's conceivable; he could be running on an oil lamp of some sort. It'd be impractical for a seafaring robot, though... he'd expire the first time he fell overboard. But she quickly decides that doesn't matter.

"Well... yes." Malady concedes. "But that's sort of beside the point. Nobody in this room is going to live forever. Not those elves at the bar there, not those rabbit-folk near the door, not you, and certainly not me. And like you, when my clock runs out this time... well, that's it." She folds her hands in front of her, trying not to think too hard about what it will feel like to die a second time. "But if your time is such a limited resource, one has to imagine what it ultimately amounts to. What sort of legacy you're ultimately going to leave behind." She gives a rueful little smile. "Questions about what the future beyond you will be like are what motivate many of us in the present. Do you see what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
[Wild Mike’s]

"Weapon, sure. Armor, no. It's my connection to the burning light which means that I can't be without it." Tarim declares calmly before turning his burning gaze to Euphoria. "No."
It looks like that might be everything he had to say.

Until he suddenly adds. "How many innocents have you murdered? Or perhaps you believe them all to be guilty? But are they as guilty as you are?"
"One hundred twenty-three thousand, nine hundred and ninety-eight." Euphoria replies evenly. "Would you like to hear their names? Perhaps the circumstances of their deaths? Does it matter?" She looks at the demon hunter rather coldly, arms crossed protectively over her chest. "Do you fear for tonight's concert-goers? Or do you intend to persecute me for the sense that punishment will somehow correct the loss of life?"