1. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Reign of Winter: The Snows of Summer [IC]

Minh

A group small in number, but large in bulk, ambles into the Silver Stoat as twilight begins to set in. There's Carl Schuhmann and his two grown sons, boisterous, happy and red-faced- plainly, they've been doing something active, though from the smell of it they had the courtesy to wash before coming in. Half a head above even big Carl, and broader than Elias, towers a stranger- a snake-headed stranger in robes of a foreign cut. The room tenses for a moment, then eases an instant later as he leaves his weapon by the door and they absorb the relaxed tone of their conversation.

"-I thought everyone from that far out East knew how, is all."

"Many do. But I'm a spearman, not a monk: if someone's close enough to come to grips, things are going badly."

"...why ask to practice with us, then? Sure, I can wrestle, and young Elias has picked up a few tricks, but the little clearing outside my cottage is hardly the House of Untwisting Iron."

The big nagaji shrugs eloquently.

"Many reasons. Because it's tough to find a partner to practice spear-fencing with outside a major city or a military encampment, but you can find folk wrestling anywhere on the face of Golarion. Because sometimes you very much need to know what to do when things are going badly. Because it's excellent exercise even if- especially if-you're not very good at it."

They find a seat on the table between the fortuneteller's and Isolde, and- hungry from the day's exertions- he orders a helping each of the stew, the steak, and the pie, washing it down with small beer.

As the meal winds down and he massages a knot from his shoulder, his eyes happen to meet one of the other travelers', and there's a lull in the noise of the tavern. He takes the chance to strike up a fresh conversation:

"Big day for a small town. Myself, you. More than one other that I've seen. Some whim of Desna's, maybe?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    General intention is to ingratiate himself with the locals and come across as an amiable traveler rather than a threat- as well as establish RPwise that Minh works to keep his physique rather than just 'having Strength 20,' lack of training rules in D&D be damned.
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2021-11-17 at 01:25 AM.