Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
If my spouse was capable of killing me at will, and my spouse was also a general in a foreign military with known hostile intentions toward the United States, I suspect I would not be granted a security clearance, nor would I be admitted to an organization that might be called upon to repel an invasion from said foreign power.
I mean youre probably correct, but for the wrong reasons. It would be the "relations with a hostile power" (which seem to be rocky here given Dabbler's expressed hostility towards this guy) rather than the "can kill you at will" bit, which is theoretically true of most spouses who live together.

I dont know that its ever stated what level of clearance Dabbler has relative to Max or Sidney, but given that she's an information source rather than an agent being fed information, and that most clearances work in the context of "need to know", i think you guys are massively overestimating the actual security threat here. Dabbler is a consultant and sort-of-cop, not the president's bodyguard or anything like that.