1. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Reign of Winter: The Snows of Summer [IC]

Minh

When the traveler ignores him, Minh shrugs and goes back to his meal without complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    Towards the end of his banter with the Schulmann boys and anyone else he chats with, he does get the bill. His meal comes to 5 silver weights and 4 copper pennies. When Minh reaches to his pouch, he remembers to his horror that he had run out of money!

What does he do?
    Any time spent on the road will involve both fat times and lean, and while Minh is low on free cash, he's not quite as broke as it might seem. Many of the spices and ingredients in his pack are trade goods sought-after across Golarion- and while someone in a village as small as this might rightly raise an eyebrow at being offered vanilla or saffron, everyone needs salt. He takes a small wooden box from his pack and withdraws two folded paper packages that he hands to the waitstaff.

"I'm sure the proprietor won't object to being paid in good, pure salt? From the saltworks at Mut. That for the meal tonight- and I would much appreciate if I could be woken at dawn when the cookfire's lit, and if I could use the Stoat's oven to bake when it's free. I've my own ingredients."

It's a somewhat unusual request, but given that each of the packets is a carefully-measured ounce, he's just effectively offered a few pennies for the privilege of using their stove that morning. Or as a tip, if the request's denied.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Consider my evening closed out.
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2021-11-17 at 12:57 PM.