1. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Reign of Winter: The Snows of Summer [IC]

Minh

The nagaji keeps his voice calm and level, consciously staying seated to avoid looming over the man.

"Certainly not. You will be paid in barter, or you will be paid in labor, or you will call the constable and I will calmly submit to prison or lashing or whatever other penalty you have here, then earn the money or sell what I own and then I will pay you. The one thing I will not accept is you going unpaid.

You have my sincere apologies for my error. I would not have ordered had I remembered my purse was empty.

Where barter is concerned: if two ounces of salt will not do, I have spices that may be of interest. All are kept clean and dry, carefully measured and of good quality. I am a baker of some skill, and take pride in my ingredients and my craft.

As for labor: as I said, I am a more than competent baker. Or, if you've no desire to trust a stranger in your kitchen- understandably- I will cheerfully chop wood and carry water for any reasonable period. You need only look at me to see that I'll do that well enough.

Please, allow me to make this right. I have been careless, but I am not... mā de, what's the right Taldane here...honorless?
    "

He meets the man's gaze as straightforwardly as he can.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Diplomacy check to persuade: (1d20+7)[11]
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2021-11-17 at 10:41 PM.