View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

Shandara bids the others farewell. Perhaps they would meet again, or at least recognize each other in the future, though she did somewhat doubt she would randomly cross pass with Ulrik. Maybe next year, at the same competition!

She looks at Bolten, "Well, even though my schedule was interrupted, I think I will make it through the night. You remember I don't sleep during the night, right?" In any case, she had other plans that didn't involve sleeping.

---

She buys a nice small fish or a raw fillet from someone on her way home. She'd endeavor again to befriend this owl. She would attempt a slightly different tactic...

After preparing the meat and making sure there weren't any bones in it, Shandara kept it chilled, and only warmed it up once it was about time to try again.

This time, after playing the enchanted flute to try to attract the owl, she gently pets its head and then gets it to perch on a gloved hand while the music still held its effect. Soon the magic would have worn off. However, the position of it standing on her hand was the same, before and after...

While Shandara made no sudden movements or much of a sound at all, it may have understandably been a surprising position for the owl to find itself in. But still, in her other hand, was a small plate of warm fish. If it wanted to sample some of that meat, it would have to do it without an enchantment clouding its memories or judgement.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-11-20 at 09:07 AM.