Spoiler: Zodi's Forms (6)
Show
Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Mamamajora! Majora's Mask!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [6] Odolwa

Video Length: 24:03

The back half of Woodfall Temple, wherein we actually see some of those "Zelda expert mode" puzzles I mentioned last time, face off against a rude frog, and then face one of the stranger bosses in the series; Odolwa! The original game's version of this fight honestly feels like a mess, where it is never really clear what you're supposed to do. This version makes it far clearer, as well as adds in some extras to make it work even better... at the potential consequence of making it TOO telegraphed? I know some people dislike it, but as the first boss of the game it should be a little reasonable.

Also, and this is just me, but one of the cool things about Majora's Mask IS the fact that each boss has different ways to fight it. Each boss has a way for regular ole Hylian Link to take it down, and a way for his transformed state to take it down... and in the original, it was very unclear to just not being possible how you were supposed to do it with Deku Link! So making that clearer is GOOD, in my opinion, even if they may have made it took clear?

Regardless, Odolwa is destroyed, and we have obtained ourselves a sassy little princess as a result... and the masked remains of Odolwa, saving the Giant spirit beneath the mask! We'll learn more about these big ole honky boys later, but for now we take our new song and move on with our lives. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time!

I was hoping you'd get those red rupees. :D

Yeah, they moved the stray fairy under the pushy block to above it in the beehive. An unneeded choice but its fine i guess.

Honestly, I didn't care for the boss changes, especially this boss, but a future boss i didn't mind as much. Odolwa is a cool boss with so many neat moves, love this warrior dude. The fight now is kinda trivialized. The bombs were for attracting his insect minions, kinda like the moths are attracted to flame. Anywho, GG!

For the sake of sanity, the way i'll be tracking rupees with time travel shenanigan's is:
A: If there's a permanent visible rupee, and you don't get it, it is missed. If you go back in time and get it next time around, I'll try to make sure I subtract them from your score.
B: Rupees that fade are missed, and they never can be subtracted.
C: Lost rupees are always lost - so for example, overflow and lost to the void when you go back in time, etc.

EPISODE 6 KILL TALLY!

Gekko - 1
Snapper - 1
Bubble - 3
Dragonfly - 2
Big Skulltula - 3
Odolwa - 1
Insect Minion - 5

Style Points - 0
Time Reset Count - 0

Missed Rupees - 21
Lost Rupees - 17

Majora's Mask
Total Kills
(As of Episode 6)

Spoiler
Show
Bad Bat - 7
Bee, Giant - 1
Beehive - 4
Boe, Black - 21
Bubble - 5
Deku Scrubs, Mad - 7
Dinolfos - 1
Eeno - 1
Gekko - 1
Leever - 1
Octo, Big - 1
Odolwa - 1
Snapper - 5
Wolfos - 1

Babas
Baba, Mini - 5
Baba, Deku - 13

Molds
Dragonfly - 7
Hiploop - 2
Insect Minion - 5
Skulltula, Big - 8

Slimes
Chuchu, Red - 4
Chuchu, Green - 2

Time Reset Count - 2

Total Things Dead - 103

1st Place - Black Boe, at 21!
2nd Place - Deku Baba, at 13!
3rd Place - Big Skulltula, at 8!

Total Style Points - 3

Total Missed Rupees - 59
Total Lost Rupees - 28

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
So, this key-guarding miniboss. Every key-guarding miniboss is frog-based and turns into a 'normal' frog after being defeated. However...

Spoiler: No really, this is an actual spoiler for a quest chain later!
Show
Finding a specific mask will let you talk to the frogs. Here's the kicker: You have to talk to all five frogs, four of which are these key minibosses. Which are generally toward the END of each of the four dungeons. So to complete this quest, you have to run all four dungeons in the same three-day period at least far enough to talk to said frog while equipped with said mask before going to the next. This is... annoying, more than anything, as by the time you get into the fourth dungeon, the first few are pretty trivial, it's just a matter of slogging through the dungeons to get there.

Basically, I just ended up devoting an entire three-day cycle to this one quest.
Actually, only two of the mini bosses are frogs. So only 2 out of the 5 in that description are accurate.