1. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Zeldaaaar

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [7] Butler Race

Video Length: 24:20

With Woodfall done and princess successfully bottled, it is time to do some of the stuff we unlock for doing that! The first, and what takes up most of this video to be frank, is the Butler Race with the Deku Butler, a rather tricky little timed obstacle course. If you remember the Dampe races in Ocarina of Time, this is on those levels... though not AS bad, since while it IS timed, you don't have a time to beat. You just need to clear it at all. Please correct me if that's wrong it has been awhile. Finishing the race gets you the Mask of Scents, a snorty little pig face that lets us find mushrooms, and also the shoe dropping of "you remind me of my son", connecting the disfigured and crying deku-like tree in the intro of the game to our mask very concretely. That's pretty sad!

At least we do save the monkey, which is nice. We did also save the swamp too. It really speaks to how much evil the Skull Kid is spreading around that our happy ending to this part of the story is "things are back to normal". Things haven't even improved, we just set things back to square one- arguably not even that since the Butler's son is still dead. It's a lot to think about, and the first real moment you should realize Majora's Mask is not the sort of game Ocarina was, where the things you do are actively improving things.

That aside, we go save Koume again, and in doing so use our newfound piggy mask to sniff up some arcane truffles. Delicious!... though not for eating. We'll get into their purpose next time. Until then, take care! Hope you all enjoyed!
    Yey wallet! That's gonna help keeping you from losing those extra rupees!

Observation - now that you've healed woodfall, none of the enemies are around in the platforms around it - mad deku scrubs, hiploops, etc.

Huzzah, you've reclaimed some rupees from an earlier episode!

Observation - with the butler race, you can see the path you need to take once you complete a section, so if you fail a section, you can retrace earlier sections easier which is a neat thing!

OOOOF, that's a lot of missed rupees - 48 just from the butler race.

One thing I didn't mention last time you were in the Wood's of Mystery is that the order that you go through the maze changes each day, but its always the same pattern on that designated day. So you could potentially memorize the order from one cycle to the next, but depending on when a player encounters it, they might think its just always random instead since it changes each day.

The reason why the pig mask can detect mushrooms is because pigs are known to sniff out mushrooms, so they went with that, lmao.

EPISODE 7 KILL TALLY!

Deku Baba - 1
    Mini Baba - 1

Style Points - 0
    Time Reset Count - 0

Missed Rupees - 38 (thanks to reclaiming 10 missed in episode 4, otherwise it'd be 48)
    Lost Rupees - 0

Majora's Mask
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 7)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bad Bat - 7
    Bee, Giant - 1
    Beehive - 4
    Boe, Black - 21
    Bubble - 5
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 7
    Dinolfos - 1
    Eeno - 1
    Gekko - 1
    Leever - 1
    Octo, Big - 1
    Odolwa - 1
    Snapper - 5
    Wolfos - 1

Babas
    Baba, Mini - 6
    Baba, Deku - 14

Molds
    Dragonfly - 7
    Hiploop - 2
    Insect Minion - 5
    Skulltula, Big - 8

Slimes
    Chuchu, Red - 4
    Chuchu, Green - 2

Time Reset Count - 2

Total Things Dead - 105

1st Place - Black Boe, at 21!
    2nd Place - Deku Baba, at 14!
    3rd Place - Big Skulltula, at 8!

Total Style Points - 3

Total Missed Rupees - 97
    Total Lost Rupees - 28
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2021-11-21 at 09:24 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)