Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

This episode looks like its going to be a busy one! Let's get to it! *cracks fingers*

You giving her the mushroom will unlock her later be able to make blue potions, but you'll need to do it again on other cycles. Anyway, you doubled the amount needed for the swamp witch shooting gallery and then some, I'm giving you +1 style point. What can I say? I'm a sucker for archery!

Fishing is new, and you don't get heart pieces or masks from it, BUT there is a collection of fish, and ****ing hilarious end fish that I'd love for you to get. If you get all the fish, you'll definitely get a style point from me for it. (but i understand if you don't want to.)

Perfect on first try for swamp shooting gallery? Twice in a row? Have another +1 Style Point! The heart piece you have to have perfect plus get a good time to get the heart piece. You blew it out of the water.

Perfect on first try for clocktown shooting gallery? Twice in a row? This sounds familiar! Have another +1 Style Point!

Okay, Zodi, you're making up for lost time....Like, you dunked the same basket twice, AND finished the basket bomb game with 0.41 seconds left... I have to give you an unprecedented FOURTH style point. You also just barely made it into the Honey & Darling shop before they closed, nice work.

We are slowly accumulating masks, and I am here for it. Glances at the kill count....HOLY...um....so...I think we might have a record? I might have to go back an check... A WHOPPING 180 kills today. (that's more than you currently had from episodes 1 - 7) Yeah, I looked back and you knocked the record out of the park...I know we've already a lot of these today, but one more for all the killing! +1 style point!
Hell yeah, super stylish! And I may do the fishing, if it is reasonable to do. I'll at least give it a look at some point.

Not gonna lie, all this talk of me shattering records has me playing the Mario Party "NEW RECOOORD" sound in my brain on loop. It's free serotonin!

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Horrifying thought.

All of Ford Cruller's personalities in this game seem innocuous but are representative of different points in his relationship with Lucy...

What are his other personalities representative of? The Park Ranger, the Quartermaster, and so on...

The Admiral in the first game can even be seen administering affection to one particular canoe that has apparently been damaged by "psychic fish" and saying how he won't let anyone hurt "her" again, which if you trigger that can cause Raz to ask if he's in love with the canoe and...

Yeah. That probably means something.
It's always going to be hard to tell what is and isn't planned- because we know from the first game that the Golachio family was a family of fortune tellers and mystics in the same circus that the Aquatos were on, since we can see their advertisement posters in the Meat Circus, and we know from promotional material all the way back then that they were at least in the lore book as "the family what cursed Raz's" but, since there is such a vast gap between then and now, it really is quite impossible to know just what was known back then, what they claim was known back then but really wasn't, and what was head canon to the developers but never actually expressed in or out of universe.

Like how (don't discuss it don't discuss it don't discuss it) George Lucas has gone back and tried to write over the past of the original films to make them look a lot better connected then they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
I mean its possible they didn't have that figured out by then. like the problem with Ford Cruller is that a lot of what he does is seemingly random and played for comedic effect, especially in the first game. its only when we get into his mind where things like sorting the mail, being a barber or cleaning bowling shoes has any relation or association to anything he is going through because they serve as metaphors for it. from the outside he is just this broken psychonaut doing odd jobs and probably using the Archetype power on some external scale thought unimaginable by Cassie. all those Fords could be just be really sophisticated archetypes refined by him being one of the most powerful and experienced psychonauts to ever exist. thus its hard to say whether they are all compartments of him or that some are just archetype creations from him.
Oh absolutely. I think it is less swarm-minded thinking that's got Ford like this and more "instead of facing his trouble he literally broke his mind with the astrolathe to avoid having to face any of it" and this is just how the trauma is leaking out.