Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
So finished Chapter 2. For the record, I'm going full Pacifist.

My thoughts on what's going on
Spoiler
Show
Put me in the camp of Heart good, Kris bad.

Kris seems to be the only human around, and he is bullied for it. He also can remove his(?) Heart which changes how he acts. We hear from other NPCs that Kris is awkward, a loner, and pretty creepy. And in general seems to be at least someone who actively creates mischief and might be a full blown sociopath.

So why does Kris use the Heart at all? Well I think it is used as a power source. Without the Heart, Kris staggers around, struggling to move. It might also be why we can do things like flirt with opponents or talk them down when Kris is supposed to be anti-social. But that power comes with influence. While the Heart is in, we can somewhat control his actions, thus why he forcibly removes it (it is NOT a gentle process) in order to do things like slashing Toriel's tires.

My longshot prediction? I think Kris lost his soul somehow (maybe in the incident that got Asgore fired as Chief of Police?), and somehow gained the Heart instead. And now he's on a mission to bring about the Roaring. I'm guessing he is either working for the Knight, or is the Knight himself. While he is lacking the Heart, he can create Dark Fountains. But while he doesn't have the Heart he doesn't count as a Lightner. So Kris needs us or one of his companions to destroy the world for him.

He may be even doing this as an attempt to save Humanity. If this is a world where Humanity was sealed away or wiped out, Kris may be on a mission to wipe out monsterkind, so that humans can take over instead.
Spoiler
Show
Eh, some of this contradicts known canon.

Ralsei for one has said that humans are Lightners and Lightners will die if the Roaring happens. if Kris is trying to save humanity, they are not achieving that in slightest if Ralsei is to be believed.

meanwhile Queen has explicitly said that Darkners can't create Fountains. you need a Lightner with determination for that. its why she didn't just stab the ground herself and wanted Berdley or Noelle to do it. so whatever Kris is, they count as Lightner enough to create a Fountain.

while Kris can view a book about raising humans in the library in chapter 2.....and immediately shut it when looking at pictures of other humans. odd reaction for someone who wants to save humanity, especially since they're canonically the only human in town. its implied that Kris has never MET another human in their life. and given how they put on devil horns and asked when their horns will grow to their adopted family at one point, signs point to the opposite conclusion: that they HATE being human because it ostracizes them from an entirely monster-filled town and would rather be born as one of the monsters. I don't see Kris wanting to save humanity at all.