Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
Spoiler
Show
No, The Heart is shutting down fountains. Thats what WE are doing. Kris has had very little say in that, if at all.

at the very minimum, Kris saw the events of Chapter 2 and probably decided: "no screw the heart, and screw this Asriel lookalike trying to replace my big brother who I'm pretty sure the Heart is trying to make me have a romance with, which y'know EW he looks like my brother, I want to live in this cool fantasy world with my Mom and Susie because reality sucks" or something. We don't see or hear Kris putting the heart back into themselves at the end of Chapter just.....holding it out into the darkness. which is why I don't believe Kris needs the heart to power themselves, else why get rid of the Heart?
Spoiler
Show
Except we see him be able to remove the Heart whenever he apparently wants to. He could've shut down the Heart before the Fountain was sealed, and then amplified it instead if he had wanted to. Though perhaps he can't remove the Heart when in the Dark World at all. That is certainly a possibility.

Which would explain why he got rid of the Heart. If he views the Heart as the reason the Fountains keep getting sealed then he is removing it and possibly himself from the equation. (At the last second you see Kris move before the darkness falls. It's hard to tell what he's doing, but he might be falling over. I originally thought he was actually putting the Heart back, but it does lack the sound effect from earlier.)

Also if he doesn't need the Heart to power himself, and the Heart grants us control over him, why would he ever put the Heart back in his body?

Speaking of Ralsei, I'm still not 100% convinced he isn't Asriel. I mean, obviously, Ralsei is just a mixed up version of Asriel's name. And they are lookalikes. And seem to have similar personalities. So have any of the characters besides Kris met both Asriel and Ralsei?