Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
Spoiler
Show
Except we see him be able to remove the Heart whenever he apparently wants to. He could've shut down the Heart before the Fountain was sealed, and then amplified it instead if he had wanted to. Though perhaps he can't remove the Heart when in the Dark World at all. That is certainly a possibility.

Which would explain why he got rid of the Heart. If he views the Heart as the reason the Fountains keep getting sealed then he is removing it and possibly himself from the equation. (At the last second you see Kris move before the darkness falls. It's hard to tell what he's doing, but he might be falling over. I originally thought he was actually putting the Heart back, but it does lack the sound effect from earlier.)

Also if he doesn't need the Heart to power himself, and the Heart grants us control over him, why would he ever put the Heart back in his body?

Speaking of Ralsei, I'm still not 100% convinced he isn't Asriel. I mean, obviously, Ralsei is just a mixed up version of Asriel's name. And they are lookalikes. And seem to have similar personalities. So have any of the characters besides Kris met both Asriel and Ralsei?
Spoiler
Show

That is good points about the heart-tearing out and I'm not sure what is up with that.

Problem with that:
Kris doesn't like Ralsei. there is a tea that restores differing amounts of health depending on the flavor you drink and they seem to roughly correspond to how much the person likes the other person- y'know the "choose your flavor" guy. and Ralsei Tea restores the least amount of health to Kris, only 60 hp, while all the other teas restore more.

as for Ralsei, he literally cannot be Asriel. Asgore or Toriel said it themselves: Asriel is coming over for the dinner they are going to have at the end of the week, aka when Chapter 7 arrives. Asgore or Toriel doesn't know about Dark World and they have phones to call him, and phones don't work in Dark Worlds (as we know whenever we try to use our phone in one it just gets gaster noise) so if they have contact with him he can't be IN ONE, and Ralsei never leaves the Dark World- we never see him outside one. like why would Asriel, a person older than Kris in college be hanging around in a Dark world closet at his old school claiming to be prince of darkness and acting like he's never had a friend before? Why stay away from his family for a week if he is in town? doesn't make sense. furthermore, Queen has search history on Asriel and was able to recognize Suzie, Noelle and Kris from theirs, but doesn't recognize Ralsei, so if Ralsei is Asriel how does that work?

and sure Ralsei somehow got to the Cyberworld without our knowledge, but we don't know if thats actually him being able to traverse light world somehow or if he can somehow just sense when dark fountains spring up or something and he just teleports there or uses a special door to them like we do when we return to previous areas. magic is involved there can be ways around obstacles like that.

Some unrelated theories I've come up with:
Spoiler: Dark Fountains and the Core
Show

A possible thing that could help connect Deltarune and Undertale is the Core from Undertale. we know that Gaster is involved in Dark world stuff, and we know that for some reason the Undertale underground is strange. so what if Gaster to help the monsters of Undertale survive, opened a Dark Fountain but not in a usual way, but scientifically in a way that the Core uses the dark fountains energy to power the Underground so that instead of creating this new pocket dimension of new made up people, it instead infuses with the environment with darkness to make it a wonderworld without spawning Darkners. it would explain Hotland and Snowdin I think.

Spoiler: The Sans Swap Theory
Show

Basically:
The Sans we meet in Undertale is from the Deltarune universe

The Sans we meet in Deltarune is from the Undertale universe.

the Sans we meet in Undertale can both bleed and use magic which is a Darkner trait and said that he "gave up trying to go back long ago." while a shopkeep said that the two skeletons just showed one day and asserted themselves in Snowdin.

meanwhile the Sans we meet in Deltarune has both Grillby's and his house transported here as if he just took them and plopped them down in a completely different world and claims they've never met us before. what if he isn't lying?

basically, somehow the two Sanses either at the same time or at separate times switched their places. for the Sans we meet in Undertale the switch clearly wasn't willing and made them trapped in a world that is similar but not quite like his own. what if Undertale-Originated Sans intentionally did something to make himself switch with Deltarune-originated Sans so as to escape Flowey or the Underground?

it would also explain why the Sans we meet in Undertale has one of those Darkner-doors and why they can work there, tying into my Core powered by a Dark Fountain theory: the Underground might be the only place where those doors CAN work in that world.

it would also line up with all the other monsters having parallel universe versions of each other. we're still meeting a different Sans, its just we were mistaken about which one is from which.