1. - Top - End - #896
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Questionable Content XVII: "My Brain Is Trash And I Live On The Internet"

Yay showing up kind of makes sense; They're the only person who knows Aurelia's true identity outside of streaming and ISN'T one of her kids. She already screwed up The Talk with Claire, I can understand why she wouldn't want to call on Clinton for fear of doing the same to him, and it's not like she can talk to Marten (who as far as she knows is consoling Claire) or to BurgerOni from whom she has thus kept her personal details a secret.

I wish this was the comic that we got on Wednesday, though. We've already seen Claire go home, be consoled, and is now emotionally soothed enough to be smiling and making jokes with Pintsize about his new hobby - we already know she isn't permanently traumatised or even been upset for more than an hour. There's no tension, we already know its a misunderstanding that has mostly blown over and so Aurelia's fretting is unnecessary.

This strip would have worked a lot better as a cliff-hanger last week and the Claire/Faye talk starting today; if Aurelia thought she had ruined her relationship with Claire and we got to spend the weekend wondering if that were true *before* we then saw Faye's pep-talk if would have been more effective. Instead, there's no stakes here - Aurelia is upset because she thinks that Claire is upset, but *we* know that Claire isn't upset even before Yay arrived at Aurelia's house to discuss the issue. We're watching Aurelia exposit a situation that we know isn't happening, and Yay reassure that it might not be so bad when we already know it isn't.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2021-11-29 at 05:07 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation