Isaera was both relieved and disappointed that the cadets were dead. Of course, it was a damn shame. It seems they had no chance at all. But at least, they didn't have to bother with the ogres anymore - and if they were lucky, neither demons nor warlocks- and they could just head back now. Felix was alive and well, and that in itself was a blessing. She would only hope he could take the bad news.

The fact that this elven rune stone was here, desecrated and used to some foul purpose bothered her, however. Probably just as much as the death of these cadets.

"Whatever these foul cultists are up to, I'm going to put a stop to it," she declared. Doing what elves like her did best, deprived of mana but always in control, it was a few trivial gestures, combined with a forceful and rather superfluous couple of syllables she used to draw the mana out of the stone completely. She didn't think she had ever felt so satisfied from drawing mana from anything before.

"Now, it will no longer..." she stopped, realizing Marion had taken up the stone herself.

"I hope you know what you're doing with that, Marion. Do you know what it is? All I can tell you is it is demonic, yet it smells like it was burned with dragon fire. I would suggest we find a way to destroy it, or just bury it somewhere in the swamp those cultists will never be able to find.. but something tells me you'd rather not." Isaera gazed at the warlock expectantly of an answer, and one very long eyebrow already raised.

-----

Down below the bluffs, where Felix waited, Isaera's mind was back to how he would take the bad news. And she was dreading it more and more. Sadly, it was Felix's own torment which caused Isaera to begin shedding some tears. She felt this kind of heartbreak when family did not return from war, and her dear friends suffered the same. These cadets must have all been good friends, as far as she could tell. To lose such a close friend.. well, the visible pain spoke for itself.

She was surprised to hear Marion say something that wasn't so flippantly sarcastic. For once, she could not agree more.

Isaera kneeled down to try to gently grasp his hand. She softly spoke, "We have all lost friends and loved ones. For what it's worth.. I'm sorry."

---

Then Zachary suddenly appeared. Good thing too. She slowly stands "Good timing, Zachary.. I know some of us may prefer to mourn.. but we need to go before demons ambush us, too."