Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
Also can you briefly point out a few of those "internal inconsistencies and contradictions" in my posts, please?
Spoiler: As promised
Show
Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
Well, it is always AvatarVecna time.
Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
Well, that's just lazy. It's AvatarVecna time then.

(Ok, I'll make a normal vote, I promise. Later. Maybe. Probably).
Slow start to the game... gac3 for a wagon that's not the narrator.
Quote Originally Posted by flame12 View Post
I feel like I might look suspicious throwing my vote back at gac3, but I agree with your reasoning, so doing it anyways.
Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
I agree that the right time to lynch the narrator is when the game hasn't ended after flipping three wolves or six villagers, but we need a second wagon that isn't Gac (and I think Flame is new?) so I'll try Supagoof to see how that takes off.
Also why do you think there are three wolves?
I don't, I was talking about the edge cases where I'd want to lynch the narrator. I don't think there are four wolves, so if we lynch three and the game doesn't end, something's up. Similarly, I don't think there are less than two (although technically a serial killer game would be possible, but in my experience you very rarely win 1 v 9 anyway so that wouldn't be very challenging), therefore if we see six people flip as villagers without lynching a single wolf (which would mean 2 v 2 left) and the game still hasn't ended, I'd be more inclined to suspect AV than that there'd be only a single wolf.

So in short, the correct AvatarVecna time is Day 4.
Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
I'll change my vote to an actual when I feel like there's someone good to vote for. Other least halfway decent.
Saying this unprompted makes me think they feel like they’re under pressure to produce content and look like they’re doing things.
  • Moonfly joke-votes AV
  • Saint-Just joke-votes AV, quantifies they’ll make a proper vote later (maybe)
  • You state that you’d rather have a non-narrator wagon
  • Flame agrees that he’d rather have a non-narrator wagon
  • I agree that I’d rather have a non-narrator wagon
  • You ask me to elaborate
  • I go into detail about when I’d want to lynch the narrator
  • Moonfly quantifies they’ll make a proper vote later
  • You call Moonfly’s statement “unprompted”, even though it was much less so than Saint-Just’s

Now, I have to concede that your instincts were correct, but it’s still inconsistent. You have to forgive me, I’ve spent the past several irl days actively looking at the interactions between you and Saint-Just for signs of a wolf-duo and it’s still not completely out of my system.

Also it took me a while to realise that you’re talking about specifically “lynch the narrator” with Moonfly and Saint-Just’s (incidentally, can I call you SJ? I think the hyphen makes me want to abbreviate your name.) guesses for the bastard mechanic.

I don’t think that’s particularly AI given the narrator is, well, AV.
Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
Hmm... According to the vote count I'm in the lead. That's fine. But there is also two other wagons near me and flame came in so why not move to one of those. AV
...why are you voting for the narrator over the actual player?

Like. Do you actually think that lynching the narrator is a pro-town move? And if so... why?
Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
I mean... It only puts us at a tie but I'm more curious about trying to lynch the narrator to see what happens out of curiosity than lynching someone who seems to only be a wagon so that I wouldn't be the only one.
What will happen if we lynch AV is that we'll get some snarky flavour text and no information that gets us any closer to killing wolves tomorrow. And do bear in mind that if there are three wolves tomorrow is MyLo. (Hopefully there aren't, but we have to consider it.) oh right, not killing anyone means there's nine alive day two so it's 6-3.
  • You tell Gac that voting AV is NAI
  • Gac votes AV
  • You tell Gac that voting AV is not pro-town
  • Gac explains he is curious what happens if he votes AV
  • Voting AV is now even more anti-town

The inconsistency here is that in every argument, your estimation of the inherent towniness of voting AV changes, rather than that you address the differing circumstances. It comes across as “voting AV is fine, except when you do it”.

Lynching you or Supagoof will at least give us useful information even if you flip town.
Caoimhin... yeah, that's a bad situation. But it's not any better than your alternative. If Moonfly flips town we at least learn that I was wrong about stuff and can re-evaluate going into MyLo day three. If Supagoof/BW flips town we only learn that the person playing the same way they do every game was town.

Basically we're screwed unless we kill a wolf tomorrow, so we should vote the people who are most likely to be wolves.
Caoimhin, what does a Supagoof town flip tell us?
Also CaoimhinTheCape because they just reminded me I haven’t voted yet and I want to see where it goes.
Why did you not vote Moonfly, which would've cleared Caoimhin and me both?
I don't vote people because of who they'll clear if they flip town, I vote people because I think they're wolves. I was more convinced on moonfly than Caoimhin night one but that changed towards being more suspicious of Caoimhin. Also quite a few people were suspicious of them earlier today so I wanted to see if the wagon would gain momentum.

• You mention a preference for a particular lynch because it also gives info on a town flip
  • You twice try to convince Caoimhin to vote based on the town flip providing more info
  • You vote someone “just to see where it goes”
  • I question you for not voting the way that would’ve yielded the most information, even on a town flip
  • You claim not to vote based on the info that a town flip could give

Basically you reject my reasoning even though it’s essentially the same as what you’ve used yourself before.

Sorry for only giving three, but these are way more time intensive than they're worth. I'm not trying to convince anyone to lynch you, I'm trying to make up my mind between Flame and Wombat.

On that point: how is Wombat's behaviour now not wolf? He drops in, twice, giving non-committal answers and without any input on either of our reasoning (let alone coming up with some of himself). To me, that looks like someone hanging back to see which way the wind blows: if you decide to vote me, he'll agree in order to save himself. If I vote Flame, he'll also agree in order to save himself.

I'll get to your questions tomorrow so I can give a better answer than "I don't know". Also I really need to go do something not related to this game before I'll be able to sleep.