1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Madness of Men in a World of Monsters (D&D 5e IC)

Set Al-Sayyid
    Changeling Fighter/Hexblade
    AC: 17 HP: 36/41 (36/43) THP: 0/5
    PP: 12 PIv: 13 PIs: 9
    Conditions: Mal's Aid, Nome's Hero's Feast (immune to poison/frightened, Wis ST adv)
    Concentration:

The Cells

The words wash over Set, forcing him back half a step as the other Abydossian drowns him in knowledge long-suspected, but never reliably confirmed. Confirmation that Set's sisters are no longer in their homeland, but are being sought in the North where John Bence can make good on the threats. Confirmation that Set's homeland lives in darkness still, despite everything he'd tried to do in agreeing to serve the Shadowkeeper. As the other man descends into madness, however, his rambling reveals more questions than answers. The Bastard of Shu? Set's grandfather's bastard? The Great Queen? The Overlay?

Set's shoulders slump as he watches the unnamed man devolve into a fit of giggles and sobs. Biting his cheek, Set shakes his head, staring for another few moments before glancing to Selissa. He nods towards the other.

"One of my people," Set says softly, clearing his throat as he chokes on the words. "He was searching for my sisters."

Set reaches down to collect his spear from the floor, spinning it easily with a practiced hand. He's fully in control, taking the information and the new face in stride, until he isn't. Erupting suddenly, Set slams the butt of his spear into the stone wall repeatedly, giving vent to a stream of curses in Abydossian. "<****!>" he screams one final time before slumping against the wall, chest heaving. After a few moments he pushes himself off the cold stone of the cell, unable to look directly at Selissa.

"Sorry. That was stupid." Set thinks of a more verbose apology, but simply bites his cheek, shaking his head. More words wouldn't help. Competence might, if he could shut up, pull it together, and help get them all back to the surface unscathed.

Looking at the Abydossian, Set adds, "I need to get him out of here. Do you think Maus can help him recover his wits?" Set snorts, letting out a half sigh, half sob borne out of exhaustion. "Can he help me recover mine?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

The enormity of Set going back to full paranoia if he'd failed his sanity-save as an alternate to this made me chuckle. Two very different sides of the coin.

Last edited by Riggdgames; 2021-11-30 at 10:13 PM.