After three failed attempts trying to roll dice, I just went to bed.
What I end up doing is writing the whole post leaving rolls as: roll]1d20+2[/roll] leaving out the initial bracket so that I can preview all I want. Just before hitting Submit I fill in all the missing brackets.

And does anyone have any good ideas for crossing the remaining minefield?
My crazy idea is/was to use the patch to teleport to one of the machine gun nests, take it out, use the machine gun to take out the other nest, then use the machine guns to (mostly?) clear a path through the minefield. Let's call that Plan A.

Anyone who can speak Kriegspiel and who has Dimension Door on their spell list can use the scroll
I'm guessing having the Magic Initiate feat won't cut it for that. So much for that plan unless someone else can fill both requirements. The trench warriors had that ability, impressive.

Running to the nests will take at least 7 rounds through the minefield plus two nests firing- that's plan Z.

Try out a squad ranged engagement at one of the nests using the custom rules for this game? We'll have the construct to provide some shielding. Between the LT and Sal we'll have a good chance to hit and O'Hara gives a nice damage boost. Doesn't help with the mines but at least we're not getting mowed down along the way.

I could think of a few ways the LT's spells could help.

As for ideas for crossing the minefield, feel free to spend a turn using Perception to scan the surrounds for resources, or to see how the grunts are managing it (or failing to!)
A good idea. Xilo would be doing that next round while waiting for the rest of the squad to keep up. Already acted this round.