View Single Post

Thread: 5e Generic Classes

1. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: 5e Generic Classes

Taking a shot at the Warrior, the "simplest" of the 3 generic classes.

A Warrior would get d10 HD of course, and proficiency in all weapons and medium armor (at least - pondering giving access to All armor) and all but tower shields. ASI's at L4, 6, 8, 12, 14, 16 and 19. Extra attack at L5, 11 and 20. The only other basic warrior feature is at L1: a warrior gets either a Fighting Style or a "Martial Role" (from Tasha's - a +2 to hit roles!) It is supposed to be generic, after all.

In theory, each empty level would be eligible for a feat. This gives a warrior a total of 9, without sacrificing ASI's. This would let a warrior grab ranger feats, paladin feats, barbarian feats, even rogue feats.

I'm going to be flagging feats as Generic, Martial, Expert or Caster. A warrior can take any Martial feat. S/he can take any Expert feat at a basic level. No "improved", "greater" or "mastery" feats that aren't martial or generic feats. No Caster feats unless s/he takes a level of caster.

I'm also wondering about separating these feat-ized class features from "normal" 5e feats, which are very powerful compared to 3e. I don't know that we want a warrior running around with 9 5e-style feats. Or do we?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by paladinn; 2021-12-01 at 03:49 PM.