Good and Gold

"I'd say I paid you fair an' square. You was more'n happy to take my gold. It weren't even enough to meet half-price, it was more quarter price. You took it, all of it, willingly. You accepted my price. There's no crime, not from me. You knew something was up when you took the money." Despite her words, Boada's actually quite scared. Fire behind her, a warrior before her... And she's unarmed, besides her magic- which works best when she's not the centre of attention, or when there's other distractions. He's followed her, so she knows she's got two sizes- and it is, unfortunately, only two sizes; she can't get bigger than this or stop halfway through growing/shrinking to get a midway size.

"What, you want the ring back? Fine. Take it. But I'll take my pouch back, and my name, too. You aren't keeping it." She pulls the ring off her finger and holds it out to Yuvan; if he takes it, even if he keeps the bag of what is probably now leaves, her name will disappear from his mind. He'll know she gave it to him, but he won't be able to remember it- and if someone else tells him her name, things will conspire to distract him at the right moment for him to not hear it. Someone will drop a glass, or a police car will go past with its siren blaring, or even he'll get distracted by something and tune out.