Good and Gold

"I knew I was buyin' from a geezer who said he was a master enchanter. There's a difference. I could claim to be Titania, Queen of the Faeries, won't make it true." She frowns as he claims finding fake gold like that was difficult. "You seriously think that? One of the local crime families are leprechauns. They can make that stuff last hours, I can only power it for minutes. There's a reason half the dives, fences, and hall-parlours in this city don't take gold. You know where to look, it's easy to get. That bag cost me three coppers, because I'm not about t' go around pullin' teeth from drunks." The Fairy Godfather usually deals in silver, for this reason, and most of the leprechauns working for his syndicate do too. They still make faerie gold, but usually sell it as such to people with the right contacts and heritage to use it.

She sighs, though, at the question. "Mostly desperate. Y'know the leprechauns I mentioned? I owe the Fairy Godfather money or services, an' what he wants of me I ain't gonna do."