1. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    So, some outside context; Mega Man was not "just installed" and I'm not sure where you got that from. Lan's had Mega Man from birth, roughly. Dex mentions he "just got the newest model" for Gutsman, but later in the series they establish Gutsman is a custom made Navi that Dex hand crafted, not one of the generic store models like the NPC navis. The best explanation is that Dex just got a new rig for Gutsman's body-frame, for him to make him look (and be) bulkier, or something along those lines.

Yai, the girl with a seven-head, has a netnavi butler. It's pretty cool. Lan is apparently intended to be 11 years old, so yeah Yai skipped a bunch of grades.

Whatever the special surprise is, I can assure you it's nothing bad.

Chips and money are data that are processed into your bank account and chip folder. Chips are physical objects, but how they actually interact with Mega Man implies that once chip data is loaded the physical chip doesn't really matter cause it is now inside Mega Man's weaponry folder. Money is likely just digital fiat currency that can be printed from ATMs and the like.
    In the anime (which is all Rater knows of the series), Mega Man was new in the first episode, and the relevant spoiler thing which in the games would heavily conflict with that just isn't a thing.

My preferred read on how chips are physical things that can also be acquired purely digitally is that A: Lan has a bunch of blank memory chips that he saves chip data onto, B: the folder is a literal small folder/pouch, and C: the random-draw nature of things is because Lan literally just grabs a few to slot in without looking, from which Mega Man then selects several according to code.

Oh, incidentally: the anime covers elements from all six mainline games in the series, but only approximately at best, and the farther it goes the more it's just a completely different story and version of the setting with a lot of character overlap, or sometimes even just character-design overlap.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2021-12-05 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew