Bone Hills - The Maw of Akarkhentkats

If it makes the manticore feel better, the tunnel is rectangular and there's no sign of where a boulder would come from- unless it teleported in, somehow. A boulder rolling down the corridor could only be as tall as the corridor is wide... unless it's a giant wheel, then it can fill the tunnel far more effectively until the far end.

The door is unlocked and untrapped, and leads into what looks like a dining chamber. The room is dominated by a large table, apparently made of gold, covered with gold plates and cutlery and gold ornaments shaped like food. A massive gold roast ostrich is in the middle of the table, and every plate has gold vegetables on, and there's a basket of woven gold wire filled with loaves of golden bread. Five gold chairs are around the table, with four diners- one of the chairs is empty. Sat at the head of the table is a mummified corpse, human; naturally desiccated, it seems, rather than artificially mummified. It wears a chainmail hauberk of gold and holds in one hand a golden apple; the other hand holds the hand of the diner to their left. A plain gold circlet rests on their head. On their immediate left is a life-sized gold statue of a young elf woman wearing a ragged silk dress; she smiles as she looks at the corpse holding her hand. Opposite her is a gold statue of a halfling hiding their face behind their hands, wearing a motheaten wool tunic. The final diner is a gold statue of a half-elf child, looking in horror at the elf and crying as they pull on her other arm; this statue is clothed, a pair of trousers moulded to their legs.

Two doors lead away- one to the north, one in the opposite wall in the south-eastern corner. Both are sturdy-looking wood, blocked by gold bars. One sealed the door they've just used, but over time the weight proved too much for the brackets holding it in place, and it has fallen from the wall.

Pixie Grinder's Compound

It doesn't look like a very secure compound on the top of the hill that Boada leads Yuvan. She stops in a grove of trees, looking up at the compound. There's a brick wall around the place, but it isn't especially high- two and a half metres, at best. It's broken by two gates, one cast iron gate large enough for a car to pass through, the other smaller, under an arch, big enough for a person, not a vehicle. Inside the compound, there's a house looking to be on the peak of the hill, a two-storey structure of older brick than the wall. There's also a water tower, only just inside the walled area; a big metal drum atop a steel frame, with a ladder leading up to it and a walkway around the edge. Visible on the walkway is a man carrying a rifle, walking around and keeping an eye out. There's a dirt track, often used by vehicles and partly churned to mud, leading up the hill to the larger gate. A large tree also grows in the compound, an odd one; even at this time of year, it has all its leaves, and they're lilacs, pinks and purples rather than green.

"The moment I go over that wall, if the big gate's closed I'll trigger the alarm. It detects faeries, see, and I'm faerie enough t' count, thanks to Ma. I saw some of th' Fairy Godfather's thugs fly over it, an' heard it wail. So I know it detects sprites, but it don't go off when they're drivin' in a van filled wi' more people to crush up. Won't trigger for you, though. I saw a halfling climb over it without triggering it, though the guard in the water-tower saw him too." If Boada's mother was a sprite... well, how'd she manage a half-human child?