1. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Talakeal's Campaign Diary (1 Day without a horror story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
    So, I had some drama in my OTHER game last night. Not sure if it bears posting, let alone starting a new thread, but I thought I would share it to get some advice.
    As with a lot of your stories, the main issue seems to be someone reacting way out of proportion. In quite a few situations, I don't like people telling me what to do (or, worse, how to do it) myself. So I understand the player being annoyed with you (in their opinion, at least) doing that, especially if they have previous experience with people doing it excessively and/or if you do it more than you realize.

That said, reacting to that with anything more than a snarky comment or perhaps a request to stop seems far too much, in my experience. Maybe I'm biased from hearing other stories about the people you play with, but I kind of doubt this is the one issue a person like that would overreact to.

So yeah, I suspect your only options are to either walk on eggshells or say "screw it", stomp the eggs and make an omelet. (I guess the metaphorical omelet would be playing with different, preferably more stable, people).
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-12-07 at 04:11 PM.