Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Realistically though, that's ha you'd want. Fortified shelter you can stay at for days at a time without having to worry about being ganked in your sleep, or about raiders or scavengers stealing your swag while you're out hunting or scavenging yourself. Or doing quests, since it's an open-world adventure game and thus people can't wipe their ass without your help.

In a sandbox survival game that would be the end goal: Fortify a base so that you can just survive there indefinitely.

My preferred strategy for these kinds of things is to use high walls to sort of herd people into a hall lined with assorted turrets, with turrets along the walls in case the hostile AIs don't play ball. That's not always a viable strategy in these games though.

My main problem is I don't know if you can get food at water produced at the rocket. My Fallout knowledge is mostly from lets plays and wiki walks. You don't strictly need clean food and water in fallout unless you're playing on the highest difficulty, but I mean, realism.
What you'd realistically want rarely makes for an interesting game though.