Subterranean Sugarbeast Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Sinful Cinnamon & Nutmeg Nutcase View Post
"You all up for a spot of sport hunting or target range practice? I still owe a demonstration of managing multiple munitions in mangling a menagerie, I'd love to see what Doc cyberholiday has up his sleeve to blow people away, and I wouldn't miss a chance to check the gear and skills on a group of genuine galloping goblin goons. What I'm really saying is... Ya'll wanna have some pre thanksmas competitive fun?!" The chocolate cored cretin flashes another look at crystalline carnivorous teeth, thumb motioning to the rifle on her back.
Magtok affixes Esha with his most weary and exasperated looks, before signing his name on the line (just 'Magtok,' no need to over-complicate this by specifying which one) and checking the underside of the tablet for a USB port to plug a flash drive full of material on the cat's organizational affiliations (HALO), his weaknesses (young and vulnerable women, catnip, grave-robbing adventures), and a handful of known powers and abilities (turning into a talking cat/human, shooting things with a rifle, exploiting a wide array of magical items collected over the course of his adventures). It's just for one day, Magtok tells himself. One day of interacting with this half-price hot chocolate hatchetwoman and then he'll never have to see her face again, and the cat will be put in his place for that 'call all HALO members into one-on-one private meetings' business that he never bothered to respond to.

As for that other thing Eshe and the other goblins were talking about, Magtok lets out a heavy sigh, opens up a compartment in his left forearm, and produces a bizarre revolver that looks like some gamer's purple RGB keyboard vomited all over what used to be a normal, functional firearm. It's also barely large enough to fit comfortable in his hand and missing a trigger. He pops open the cylinder, drops what look like bright, colorful jellybeans made of steel into each of the six chambers, and gives the wheel a spin, before the weapon disappears back into his left arm again.

"Hell with it, it's been too long since I killed something myself instead of paying someone else to do the job, might as well," he shrugs. "You seem to know the depths better than I do somehow; you have a fast way to get us there?" he asks Eshe, hoping to skip past the usual monuments to his apathy and indolence he has to stroll by every time he needs something from below. You can only walk past the same broken laboratories so many times before the shame gets to be too much. This place used to be pristine, you know. Top to bottom, everything gleamed and every living or non-living thing in it knew who was boss. Now...well look at us, we're mounting a damn safari into the lower floors. Going on a hunt with a fae into what used to be just another part of his house. Disgraceful. We really ought to have hired a house-sitter or something.