The Lab

Maus shakes his head as Set's plaything dangles limply and dumbly, suspended by the weapon's owner's will. Set. Binding the dead to his will. Selissa doesn't linger long after making her disapproval known. Maus approaches Set, walking alongside him. He speaks quietly, but his voice still has the cavernous quality it did when he was not magically reduced.

"Set, I feel we've come to conflict, and this confuses me. I've shown you nothing but courtesy but you turn your gaze from me with disgust in your eyes. But your feelings on me are beside the point. I must ask you to reconsider carrying that damnable weapon. I will not argue the morality of it, but I will confront you with this- you don't have the experience to do this foul necromancy. You have no idea what power you hold in your hands. Moira was a witch of foul power for over a hundred years before you were even born. Bring the weapon to her. Let her analyze it. Hell, you could let me analyze it, but I think you trust her more. Until we can prove this weapon is not foul necromancy, do not cast your soul to the Abyss for such a cheap price, son." He attempts to put a consoling hand on Set's shoulder. "Do you reckon Vargath needs to be bit by some beastie we're not sure we can control?"

Ahead, further down the tunnel, Selissa sees a blockading structure of foul, rotten wood blocking the main pipe of the tunnel. A solid wall of wood. Behind it, she hears cheering, dulled by thick layers of rotten lumber. As she comes closer, she sees it to be a large wall covering the entire sewer pipe, over twenty feet around There is a sizable double door ahead with two armed men standing in front of it. Neither looks as skilled or strong as the iron ghoul, but they also appear to have more fortitude than many you've seen. They are having a conversation in a language none of you know, one they are apparently very engrossed in. Neither notices Selissa's approach, their swords on their belts with shields strapped to their arms.