Set Al-Sayyid
Changeling Fighter/Hexblade
AC: 17 HP: 36/41 (36/43) THP: 0/5
PP: 12 PIv: 13 PIs: 9
Conditions: Mal's Aid, Nome's Hero's Feast (immune to poison/frightened, Wis ST adv). Mad/Frightened/Quirk: Fascinated with binding and power over death.
Concentration:

Set looks back and forth between Mal and Selissa, face growing hot behind his shemagh. Before he can respond to either, Maus lays a fatherly hand on Set’s shoulder, keen to advise him as Selissa stalks away. Vargath's gentle prodding is one thing, but between the rest, Set reaches his limit.

"I'm not one of them," he says petulantly, forcing the words through gritted teeth as he shrugs off Maus' hand. Cursing, he adds, "I'm not a necromancer, but what do we gain turning away their power? Power that can save us. That could save you!" Set adds, jamming a finger in Maus' chest. Set takes a breath, trying hard to quell the anger building within.

They're so short-sighted. They've been handed a gift, and they would throw it away. For what? Why can't they see how important this is? Why can't they understand that their lives are at risk, and this power might save them? It will save them.

I will save them.

"It's a weapon," he explains, holding it up for Mal and Maus to examine momentarily, though his fingers are still curled tight around it. "We can't leave it just because it carries an edge. What if this is exactly what we need to get through here unscathed? You would have me carry this, keeping it away from the enemy without using the full measure of its power?" Power over death.

Set struggles to manipulate the corpse, so keen to prove himself that he doesn't spare a thought for the mockery of life in front of him as he gives it motion. Eventually he wills the ghoul to drop on its face, forcing it to lie inert on the ground. "If they," Set spits out, gesturing down the tunnel, "can overrule my command then it's a good thing I've got a weapon to separate this ghoul's head from it's neck." Flipping the blade so it faces the ground, Set brings the glaive down with both hands in one smooth motion, inadvertently sending up a small splash of sewage towards Mal. Metal impacts stone just beside the ghoul's head, cutting a small groove in its neck, but leaving it's head firmly attached.

Set frowns down at the blade. He'd meant to sever the head and prove his point. Strange, but the weapon is heavy, and he hasn't practiced with a glaive in years.

Perhaps it's for the best, though. He’s behaving rashly. Impulsive. Why waste the ghoul just because Maus of all people couldn't comprehend the need to act decisively? Imagine taking a lesson from the same man who'd let Moira die alone because he wouldn't even entertain the idea of undead in Harumburg.

Well, here they are Maus. Undead everywhere. And if someone is going to do what's necessary it might as well be me.

Power over death.

Set breaks from his thoughts as Selissa disappears up ahead. "We waste time. I'll do what's necessary if it comes to that," he adds, shouldering the glaive. "Mido, with me," Set barks, trailing Evergreen at a distance, and coming to a halt at her signal.