Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
If I had to stretch for a criticism, I'd say that each fighter should have operated under their settings native physics instead of assuming that one's physics trumps the other... But in this particular case that wouldn't change who wins.
The best criticism I can come up with is we have never once seen saitama hurt, by anything. We have never seen him fail to defeat anything with minimal effort. Therefore we cant really say that popeye is strong enough to beat him because saitama has no known limit to exceed. That doesnt mean popeye should have lost, it just means we have nothing to establish a lose condition for saitama. Meanwhile an argument could be made that popeyes standard opponent is literally nothing but a dockyard tough. Bluto has no real superpowers other than being able to survive popeyes spinach infused punches. (Im sure there are episodes that prove me wrong on this, im just going off what I remember) But thats just pulling at straws for an excuse. After all, the point of death battles is the opponents at their strongest, not their weakest.