While I was at my family, my dad asked if I might have any use for a TrekStor SurfTab duo W1 that he somehow had lying around and couldn't even remember how he got it. It's basically a ~12 inch diagonal tablet with an attachable keyboard. I like the size of that thing, but unfortunately it's running Windows 10.
Besides not having used any Windows since WinXP, even in it's pretty much out of the box state, the hardware of this thing seems to be hopelessly underpowered to just run Win10 and nothing else. To get any kind of use out of this, I'll somehow got to get Linux on it.

I've been wanting to try out Linux Mint for a while, but with this thing I am not particularly picky and would go with anything that I can get installed and that the hardware can handle. At the very least, with the keyboard attached, I got a working USB port. I made a USB stick with Mint on it, which my other computer can boot from, and the TrekStor does recognize and read it when Win10 is running. But I can't get it to boot from the stick. After a bit of searching, there seems to be an issue with 32 and 64 bit UEFI something, with 64 being default but only 32 working with the hardware, though I don't really understand what that's all about.

But maybe the version of Mint that is on the stick is incompatible with this hardware? Anyone familiar with this subject and might have recommendations on a Linux version I should try, or any other tricks that could make this device boot from the stick?