1. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: You just gained a level in real life: 2022 edition!

Yes! Another level of Wizard.

First up, Happy New Year everyone.

Isn't it amazing what a year can bring us? For me, it's been getting the resources and equipment together to start a new hobby/occupation...blacksmithing...hopefully it goes well. As for the me below, well, first up I'll be retraining a feat and swapping out a trait that really doesn't work for me. Part the way through the year I hang up my tools, and dedicate myself to spell research. Over the course of the year I will research twenty-seven 1st level spells, to go with the two I get for going up a level.

Spoiler: Me:
    Show

Alex
    Race, Class, and Level: Human (Australian), Wizard (Arcane Crafter) 2
    Size, Type, and Alignment: Medium, Humanoid (human), Neutral-ish
    Init and Senses: Initiative +0; Perception +0.
    AC: 10, touch 10, flat-footed 10.
    hp: 10 (2d6-2 HD)
    Saving Throws: Fortitude -1, Reflex +0, Willpower +3.
    Speed: 30'.
    Melee: dagger (-1 melee, 1d4-2 damage, 19-20/x2).
    Ranged: dagger (+0 ranged, 1d4-2 damage, 10' range, 19-20/x2).
    Spells Known/Spells Prepared:
    Spoiler: 0-level:
    Show
    Acid Splash; Arcane Mark; Bleed; Breeze; Chameleon Scales; Conjurer's Toolbelt; Dancing Lights; Daze; Detect Fiendish Presence; Detect Magic; Detect Poison; Disrupt Undead; Drench; Flare; Ghost Sound; Grasp; Haunted Fey Aspect; Jolt; Mage Hand; Mending; Message; Oath of Anonymity; Open/Close; Penumbra; Prestidigitation; Ray of Frost; Read Magic; Resistance; Root; Scoop; Scrivener's Chant; Sotto Voce; Spark; Touch of Fatigue; Vacuous Vessel;

Spoiler: 1-level:
    Show
    Arcane Pocket; Celestial Healing; Crafter's Fortune; Snapdragon Fireworks; Unseen Servant.
    Brightest Night; Skill Lore; Ward, Lesser; Abundant Ammunition; Blood Money; Comprehend Languages; Cultural Adaptation; Detect Metal; Endure Elements; Expeditious Retreat; Feather Fall; Hypnotism; Air Bubble; Magic Missile; Anticipate Peril; Heightened Awareness; Implant Urge; Longshot; Mage Armour; Magic Weapon; Secluded Grimoire; Sleep; Speak Local Language; Summon Monster I; True Skill; True Strike; Urban Grace; Magic Aura; Disguise Self.

Spells Prepared: Conjurer's Toolbelt; Ghost Sound; Mending; Prestidigitation; Crafter's Fortune; Disguise Self; Unseen Servant.
    Ability Scores: Strength 7, Dexterity 11, Constitution 9, Intelligence 16, Wisdom 10, Charisma 12.
    Feats: Scribe Scroll, Skill Focus (craft), Secret Capital.
    Traits: Duskwalker Agent; Focused Study; Innovative; Spark of Creation.
    Skills: Craft (calligraphy) +12, Craft (gunsmith) +9, Fly +5, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Spellcraft +10.
    Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Sign-language.

Biscuit, cat familiar (valet). Named mainly so I could make dad's jokes about eating the cat every time the kids asked for a biscuit...

Future build notes: max advance in spellcraft and K(arc), splash extra points across knowledges and crafts, with an eye towards gunslinging at some point in the future. Spell picks for utility in real world and for crafting/enchanting.

Spoiler: A bloomin' hectic year
    Show

Continuing on from last year, I start this year with 36gp 3sp, a partly built wizard's tower and a couple of businesses, earning me 13.9gp per day. I cast 1 spell for sale each week, earning 20gp, and I have a monthly lifestyle expense of 10gp.
    My first expense is retraining my feat, then completing the Security Company (the only one of my businesses that operates 7 days a week). By the end of the year I will be earning 71gp 3sp 3cp and 1 Magic capital per 10 days, and have a surplus of 1366gp 2cp and 3 Magic capital saved up for next year.
    Spoiler: 2022
    Show
    Mage's Tower (completed 11th October 2022)
    - contains a substantial residence, a scriptorium, magical trinkets workshop, luxury goods shop, summoning circle, magical library and classroom for teaching apprentices. Generating gold, Goods, Influence, Labour and Magic as needed. Producing, on average, 20.6 gp per day.

Security Company (completed 20th June 2022)
    - with a luxurious office, and 10 teams of upgraded elite guards, it operates year round. Generating gold, Influence and Labour, it generally produces 5.5 gp per day.

Armourer (completed 30th March 2022) and Weaponeer (completed 20th July 2022)
    - providing all your custom arms and armour needs. Generating gold, Goods, Influence and Labour. Each brings in 5 gp per day.

Herbalist (completed 9th May 2022)
    - herbal remedies and components. Generating gold, Goods, Influence, Labour and Magic. On average brings in 6 gp per day.

Alchemist (completed 6th June 2022)
    - alchemical goods and enchantment precursors. Generating gold, Goods, Influence, Labour and Magic. Produces 5.1 gp per day.

Cobbler (completed 17th June 2022)
    - bespoke shoes and boots. Generating gold, Goods, Influence and Labour. Usually bringing in 3.4 gp per day.

Woodworker (completed 11th September 2022)
    - wooden furniture, toys, and lumber in general. Generating gold, Goods, Influence and Labour. Bringing in 5 gp per day.

Tenement (completed 24th December 2022)
    - high density rental housing. Generating gold, Goods, Influence and Labour. Producing 6.4 gp per day.

House (completed 30th December 2022)
    - low density rental housing. Generating gold, Goods, Influence and Labour. Producing 2.8 gp per day.

Leyline Tap (completed 24th November 2022)
    - a magical array tapping into the magic of the land. Produces (and pays for) 1 Magic capital per 10 days.

Spoiler: 2021
    Show
    Tailor (completed 22nd May 2021)
    - custom clothing of very high quality made to order. Earning me 3.6gp per day, and giving easy access to Goods, Influence and Labour.

Mage's Tower - Scriptorium (completed 29th August 2021)
    - professional scribes and illuminators produce scrolls and manuscripts. This section of the future tower earns 3.6gp per day, while giving easy access to the all important Magic resource.

Mage's Tower - Magical Trinket Workshop (completed 10th December 2021)
    - a small store producing trinkets and novelties of a magical nature. This section of the future tower earns 4.3gp per day.

Security Company - hiring
    - a small company providing local security services. Despite just opening it is already bringing in 2.4gp per day.
    If anyone is interested, I have a spreadsheet with my daily downtime activities plotted out.

*sigh* still 1 more year until I can actually craft some decent magic items...
    Last edited by aglondier; 2022-02-15 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Getting all the details right...
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    ~ Ernest Hemingway

2021 2022 2023 2024

Dwarf Magus (Deep Marshal) spell list