1. - Top - End - #14
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Installing any Linux on a TrekStor SurfTab duo W1?

I put Lubuntu (64-bit, obviously, you'd still have to use some other distro for 32-bit) on that laptop and so far it's worked fine. It's got a very Windows-like UI and, according to the QPS system monitor tool, was only using 360Mb of RAM immediately after a clean boot. Have to say the laptop feels pretty darned responsive with it installed as well--I opened Firefox to type this message while at the same time a Retropie install (pretty heavy on CPU and I/O, that) is running in a terminal window and it's smooth as butter. I suspect more intensive web sites like Youtube and Reddit maybe not so much, but I'm not primarily intending this laptop for those anyway, I have others better suited for that.

Note that Lubuntu is using the newer LXQt fork of the LXDE environment, not the original, I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

[EDIT] Have to say, as far as systems being lightweight are concerned, LXQt is pretty amazing for battery life if the indicator is to be believed. I'd get maybe 6-7 hours out of this machine under Windows 10, so far I've been using it for nearly 4 hours this morning and I still have 58% remaining!
    Last edited by factotum; 2022-01-04 at 08:31 AM.