View Single Post

Thread: How vapid were the early 2010s?

1. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: How vapid were the early 2010s?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Lose interest? That implies there was ever interest in the first place. No one has ever cared about space. Ever. {scrub the post, scrub the quote} and interest has waned ever since.
    You know what really grinds my gears? This Neil Armstrong. Neil Armstrong with all those weird outfits, jumping around there on the moon, wearing a glass bubble with your weird outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go to the moon? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing that moon dust all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Neil? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no man anywhere wants to go to the moon, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2022-02-16 at 07:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).