View Single Post

Thread: Mechanics that dont make sense

1. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Mechanics that dont make sense

Quote Originally Posted by EggKookoo View Post
    One of these things is not like the other.
    One is circumstance and the other is a strict sequence of events. There is absolutely no chance that I can get a discount in my first ever hotel booking on the site I'm using. I can only get it on my next ones (read second and subsequent) once the first payment has been finalized. I can't get someone else's discount because it's account based, I can't get a coupon from a magazine or any other way. There is no possible scenario where first = next because the system is strictly enforced. There is no mistaking or any hope that I will get the discount on my first ever payment and I never thought otherwise when I first saw the advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hytheter View Post
    What if they sent it to me in the mail? Dominos does this all the time.

It's only cheating if you assume that the coupon requires you to have been to the store before (which is by no means a given, as in the above mail vouchers) but frankly that's beside the point. The fact remains that your next visit was also your first visit, so your insistence that 'next' and 'first' are mutually exclusive is bogus by your own admission.
    No, it's not beside the point. I know of pizzerias that don't even ask you for coupons anymore and give you the discount anyway, while their online delivery prices are the same as the coupon discounted ones. It's not a good example to define the word "next" and it's not enforced in any shape or form unlike the previous example of booking. Or at least it's not a good example to be used against my argument, because I argue for a tightly regulated system, not a pizzeria's marketing move that doesn't have any actual rules. I admit that it can happen due to circumstance. In the same vein I can hold on to my coupon and use it on my tenth purchase. Is next = tenth now? Also how exactly does Dominos have your mail to send you these coupons in the first place.
    Last edited by Gtdead; 2022-01-09 at 09:29 AM.