It takes some time for the shivering to stop, but far from the bloody deck and the mistrustful stares of the soldiers that Ahmed drove off, Qamar gradually begins to settle down, just as the pain subsides once she ingests enough of what she presumes must be some kind of potion. However strong the urge to just shrink away and hide from everyone and everything may have been, it feels good to not be alone. Ahmed has been incredibly kind. He doesn't look scared or suspicious or ready to deal with her as those brutish thugs back on the island or the lion-pirates did.
But then, Ahmed is a scholar. He had no business being on the deck while the fight was raging. He probably didn't see what she did. The green elf shudders again as the image of the lion-pirate screaming as the acid eats through his flesh resurfaces in her mind. She looks up at Ahmed, her grey eyes welling up with tears again, her arms rising instinctively, defensively. I didn't mean to do it! she jabbers. You have to… You have to believe me! That wasn't… It's… It's not something that I can just do, it just… Happens, and I was scared and now someone's… she shudders again. Now someone's dead.

Spoiler: OOC
Show

NOte that Qamar is not fluent enough in Turkish and can't really think straight enough to realize Ahmed might not understand what she's saying, so she's speaking in Common.