Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blobby View Post
Have you shopped around for new SIM-only deals yet? Or even checked to see if your old SIM is even 4G compatable?
I haven't - I doubt my current SIM is 4G compatible since I've had that SIM card for over 10 years. It's a T-Mobile prepaid SIM that I bought at Target in...2010, maybe? Sometime between 2009 and 2012, anyway. It's currently in a Samsung flip phone also from about that era, the second phone I bought for it after a brief time with a Nokia that had a flaky power cord less than a year after I bought it. When I went to replace the power cord, I determined it'd be about the same amount just to buy a new phone, so I did.

I assume I'm basically going to be starting from scratch, hopefully keeping the existing number or parking it somewhere that i can check voicemail/texts for a few years. (I'm also frustrated that there doesn't seem to be any way to get things like pictures off of my existing phone since the data network for it was shut down quite a few years back and I didn't understand at the time what that meant for pictures so I didn't back them all up back then. It will no longer let me send pictures to other phones through text messaging, and I didn't realize that would also no longer work along with using the built-in web browser since those were charged at completely different price points from each other so I didn't see them as linked. I thought they were shutting down the web portal rather than the data services, but anyway that's a long time ago now.)