1. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: ALPHA - IC - The Tone of Madness - Part 1

The captain stroked his beard, a few beads of sweat forming on his brow, though it is unclear if these are from stress or the chilling air from the dying sun. As far as I know, there's a clan of Aventi that live in the lower levels of the island, he pointed at the tunnel (a 15'x15' elliptical arch) at the end of the rocky pier. They're the ones who keep the adventurous sort from accessing the island during the rest of the year, they've had some aquatic beasts like Seacats & water spiders, but who knows if they still do with regards to the tone.

I've never heard of anyone having trouble with the Aventi during the time the water is this low, unless trouble was brought to them first. I know that there are a few routes to the upper levels of the island; one is a winding path full of switchbacks, falling rocks and slippery steps, the second is a waterspout that drains continuously into the main Aventi village, the Aventi use it to ascend to the upper levels quickly & safely, the third is a magical lift controlled by the Aventi nobility, they use it strategically for well paying clients.

He paused, before adding, ...You ... might be able to fly up from the outside, straight up from here, but I know that most folks don't do it.

Spoiler: Sense Motive Results
    Show
    He seems eager to give you answers, but unsure of how accurate his information is. He doesn't want you to believe he knows more, but he is slightly terrified of giving you incorrect or inaccurate information.

Overall he is one of the more accepting of the monstrous folks, despite being wary about them.

After answering Yyrkoon's question he looks for an opening in the conversation before trying to pull Ember aside, uh Miss....it may not be apart of my business but are you sure you want to be working with this lot? He glances nervously over his shoulder towards Morkhut, Yyrkoon & Qutan, then back at ember.
    I didn't see you much during the trip and figured you stay in your private cabin, I didn't mean for you to get stuck with such err...exotic types. I know your a bit ...odd yourself, he glances at the massive hammer, then the fox, I figure a druid or sorceress. If ye can handle yourself fine, I'll lay off, but I'd feel terrible to hear ya got eaten by any of this lot.
    Last edited by MCollarsen; 2022-01-12 at 10:13 AM.