1. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Fyraltari watches The Clone Wars (2008) for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    Here's a hypothesis: When Hutts first emerged as an intelligent species, they were symbiotes with some other large creature, like remoras with sharks. The Hutts supplied the "brains" to the "brawn" of their partner-creatures, and it is these creatures which provided the muscle power for their civilization until the Hutts discovered fossils fuels, nuclear power, and other innovations which made muscle obsolete.

Perhaps, after contact with interstellar civilizations, the Hutts either did not carry their partner-species into space due to the life support requirements, and instead adapted into 'symbiotic' relationships with the other spacefaring peoples. They provide brains and expertise which allows them to act both as politicians or as crime lords. In Jabba's case, the relationship is more "parasitic" then symbiote.

Yeah, it's probably not backed up by anything at all in canon but I think we've got at least the bare bones of a plausible tale here.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    That's exactly what I was saying for my own headcanon - they are evolved from parasitic brain slugs. Their entire means of survival is some form of innate telepathy that lets them charm/dominate a number of creatures into serving them and protecting them. Hutts will compete with each other for populations of suggestible creatures. The most successful and powerful of them also would need to develop normal interpersonal negotiation skills so that they could command much larger organizations that can't be telepathically controlled. However, they always have an inner "court" of thralls who will serve them without question or recompense and protect them to the death, making them difficult to approach, assassinate or steal from. I mean, look at Jabba's palace - this menagerie of creatures just hangs around, sleeping right next to him in the throne room? Most of these are probably the thralls who serve under compulsion, and are not allowed to leave Jabba's presence (within whatever range the telepathy has). This is also why the Jedi mind trick wouldn't work on Jabba - he possesses a version of it himself. He already knew Bib Fortuna was weak-willed - that's why he keeps him around!
    Last edited by Thrudd; 2022-01-12 at 09:32 PM.