1. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLII: The Dice Make Fools of Us All

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I genuinely don't remember - was there stuff in that contract about how you *must* review the stuff they send you?
    Yeah. Sure. GW is just giving you review copies for you not to review out of the goodness of their heart.
    That makes sense.

All the stuff people were talking about was about the additional restrictions on your channel.
    As far as I'm concerned, 'This rule is so complicated that I can't even review the Codex.', and then proceeding to read out said rule in possibly the worst way possible with no editing, is a rather large amount of negative press (as it instantly puts me in the mind of playing particularly complicated M;tG deck that I don't want to touch), especially when it's not couched between half a dozen compliments in a wall of text.

The way you're supposed to do it is...

Intro: 'We're so glad to review this hyped Codex and this fantastic and unique Faction that everyone should like because of it's uniqueness. We're so excited! Buy product! You haven't even read the review and we're telling you to buy now!'
    14 minutes in/6th Paragraph down: 'This rule is awful and bad and makes the Codex nearly unplayable. This is not a Faction I will ever play...Ever. And if you don't currently play the Faction, you shouldn't either.'
    Conclusion: 'If you love [Faction] then this Codex is for you! It gives you ton of new options that you will love. You should totally buy this book!!!1!one!! I give this one an 8.3/10! Highly recommend if you play this Faction!'
    (All of which is disingenuous, since if you love the Faction you can't play unless you buy the book. No matter how bad it is. Gottem.)

I assume the way in which it's going to bite him in the arse is the loss of views...
    If he's got going to review GW books, and thus, stops getting GW books to review...I can't think of any reason why I, personally, would go to his channel.

Sponsored influencers have very different rules than you or I, when reviewing products from their sponsor. That's what gets them sponsored in the first place.

My best faith reading of the situation, given some of his other videos recently, this may be an intentional burning of bridges. I can't think of any other reason why you'd non-'review' the Codex the way he did. It would have been better to literally just put a video up saying 'I'm sick. I can't review this Codex right now...' and then sweep it under the rug as you continue to review whatever comes next, and then never address it.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2022-01-13 at 09:35 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome